Thursday, June 6, 2013

Guess Who's Going to College?

Guess who got accepted in to college?

Obviously, I'm joking. However, I did apply for college recently and this time around, I am aiming to be an RN (Nursing). It's something that's been an interest in the back of my mind and has pulled up in every one of those aptitude tests they make you take in High School, but when I looked at it, I laughed. Me? A nurse? When I suck so much at Biology class? You've got to be kidding me.

Well, I guess I'm growing up a bit, because now I see Biology Class as a challenge! Bring it on! If it's something I can knock out of my way to being a Nurse, then let's do this.

I suppose step one is to get accepted to the college I'm applying for. So, I went to applytexas.org and did the whole ordeal, and I got an email from them! Here's what it said:


So, not a total loss, right? It's just... six.. very... intimidating things I need to do to accomplish my goal. If I can pass these, I can do anything! Hurrah!
  1. So, I have to talk to my old colleges and get transcripts. I can do that. No problem.
  2. Ditto.
  3. Driver's license? Got one. Done!
  4. Educational History Form: Addendum to Admissions - What does that even mean?!
  5. Final High School Transcript from TCHS for residency... Okay. Should be easy as the colleges, I think?
  6. Bacterial Vaccine. THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

Those of you who don't know me that well, I can't stand shots. It's not even the shot part, or the 'vaccinations are so bad for you' junk that the internet feeds us these days. It's the 'I'm about to break your skin with a needle and sting you like a bee, mofo!' that I can't handle. It's like a tattoo: I want one so bad, but OHGODITISGOINGTOHURT. Or at least, in my head, I build it up for hurting a lot. I bet it's no big deal. Anyway, I digress.

I suppose if I am going to go in to NURSING, I should get used to a shot or two... hundred. Harrharr. I made a funny.

Anyhow, this is my road map to college:
  • Get my transcripts, get the shot, find out what the Addendum is and do it, and bring it all to admissions at the school of my choice.
  • Purge myself of unhealthy habits, such as talking myself out of working my ass off for my DREAMS.
  • Save up money for textbooks. If I remember correctly, they hurt.
  • Debate with myself about getting a counselor.

That's all for now. Enjoy your morning, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment