Saturday, March 15, 2014

QOTD: What is a friend? Acquaintance? Best friend?

QOTD: What is a friend? What is the difference between a best friend and a friend? What distinguishes a friend from an acquaintance?


"This is a difficult question for me to answer. I guess what a friend is to me, is someone who you know loves and cares for you and has your back. A best friend might be someone who has been with you forever through thick or thin, or someone who you may have only known for awhile, but you immediately connect on a deeper level, and continue to grow closer. A best friend to me, is probably something akin to a non-intimate significant other. They know you. They love you. They accept you for who you are, even if they don't always agree, and even if you fight sometimes. I think the difference between a friend and acquaintance is the level of connection. It's not to say that you don't enjoy the company of an acquaintance, but there just might not have been a deeper connection to bridge that gap yet."
-H. Z.


"I think history might be the difference."
-A. L.

"Ugh. I'm so bad at defining these. I love the heck out of people the minute I meet them and declare my love for them right then and there. Is that weird?"
-A. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment